- Ruby Koans
- The Koans walk you along the path to enlightenment in order to learn
Ruby. The goal is to learn the Ruby language, syntax, structure, and
some common functions and libraries. We also teach you culture.
- Discover Ruby idioms, learn lessons and solve problems, all in your browser!
- Hackety Hack
The little coder’s starter kit. A fun and easy way to learn about programming (through Ruby) using the Shoes GUI Toolkit.
- Why’s (Poignant) Guide to Ruby
- An unconventional but interesting book that will teach you Ruby through stories, wit, and comics. Originally created by why the lucky stiff, this guide remains a classic for Ruby learners.
- Ruby in Twenty Minutes
- A nice tutorial covering the basics of Ruby. From start to finish it shouldn’t take you more than twenty minutes.
- Ruby from Other Languages
- Coming to Ruby from another language? Whether it’s C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, or Python, this article has you covered!
- Learning Ruby
- A thorough collection of Ruby study notes for those who are new to
the language and in search of a solid introduction to Ruby’s concepts
- Ruby Essentials
- Ruby Essentials is a free on-line book designed to provide a concise and easy to follow guide to learning Ruby.
- Ruby & Ruby on Rails programming tutorials
- A site that aims to provide well-organized, rich content tutorials for both Ruby and Rails.
- Learn to Program
- A wonderful little tutorial by Chris Pine for programming newbies. If you don’t know how to program, start here.
- Programming Ruby
- The seminal work on Ruby in English, this first edition of the Pragmatic Programmers’ book is available for free online.
- Ruby User’s Guide
- Translated from the original Japanese version written by Yukihiro
Matsumoto (the creator of Ruby), this version, by Goto Kentaro and Mark
Slagell is nice overview of many aspects of the Ruby language.
- The Ruby Programming Wikibook
- A free online manual with beginner and intermediate content plus a thorough language reference.
- Get training from